- Who is the North American Junior Independent Football Federation (NAJIFF)
- What ages are served by NAJIFF?
- How much does it cost to play?
- How do I sign up my child?
- Can I register with different leagues every year?
- Do you have a Cheerleading Program?
- I have son who wants to cheerlead and a daughter who wants to play football, is that OK?
- Tell me more about All-Stars
- What are the requirements for KSN Football Certification?
Who is the North American Junior Independent Football Federation (NAJIFF)?
NAJIFF is a non-profit, state chartered organization organized for the sole purpose to provide a wholesome, sportsmanship-oriented program for both young men and women to teach the basics and fundamentals of football and cheerleading. NAJIFF was established in 1969 on Lackland AFB and has grown to serve the San Antonio Metropolitan area and Bexar County. NAJIFF is currently comprised of 18 separate and independent leagues throughout the county.
What ages are served by NAJIFF?
NAJIFF has the following age divisions for both football and cheerleading:
- Flag: 6 and under
- 7 & 8 year olds
- 9 & 10 year olds
- 11 & 12 year olds
- 13 & 14 year olds (optional)
Note: Age is as of 1 August of the current year.
How much does it cost to play?
Each of our leagues set the cost for registration as well as the number of community service required to work for each child registered.
How do I sign up my child?
Go to the leagues page of this Web Site and contact the league closest to your residence.
Can I register with different leagues every year?
Certification of players occurs every year and once a player certifies with a league, he must stay with that league unless the player obtains a release form.
The purpose of the release form is to prevent teams from stealing players, but parents/guardians may request releases based on re-locations, etc.
Do you have a Cheerleading Program?
We are very proud of our Spirit Program. Cheerleaders mirror the football program as far as age divisions are concerned. There is a mid-season competition
as well as a Season Finale Competition and cheerleaders are included in our All-Star Program at the end of the season.
I have son who wants to cheerlead and a daughter who wants to play football, is that OK?
No problem, just sign them up at your nearest league. For years, we have had a number of young ladies playing football and there has been a few young men who preferred
to be yell leaders.
Tell me more about All-Stars.
All-Star selections are made at the end of the season and they are selected to represent their respective conferences. At the end of the play-offs, the National
Conference All-Stars play against the American Conference in the following age divisions, Flag – 6 year olds (first time is the 2008 season,) 8 year olds, 10 year olds
and 12 year olds. The all-star games are always held at a high school stadium.
What are the requirements for KSN Football Certification?
- Coaches who have never been certified with Kids Sports Network (new coaches) must attend the whole clinic.
- Coaches who have been trained and certified with KSN within the last 2 years (returning coaches) can recertify with us online
at http://www.ksnusa.org/renew.htm#RENEW (which is preferred) or register at a clinic.
- Coaches who have not been certified in the football fundamentals by KSN must attend the football div of the training. If any coach is not sure if
they have been certified with us, they can call Juan Aguilar or Kathryn at (210) 654-4707 and they can answer any of your questions.